Ken Cuccinelli is the Republican nominee for Attorney General and I am going to outline some reasons why I support him and why you should to.
On March 31, 2008, Cuccinelli announced that he was running for Virginia's Attorney General.
On May 30, 2009, he was selected as the nominee by GOP delegates including myself at Richmond Coliseum.
- Ken has a diverse education which gives him a leg up and a better ability to run one of the state's largest law firms than anyone else. Ken holds an engineering degree from the Univeristy of Virginia, argubly the best public univeristy in the United States, a Master's degree in International Commerce from Geroge Mason, one of the best Economics graduate schools in the country, and a Juris Doctor from George Mason, a national top 30 Law School. The only politican in Virginia that I can think of in recent years that can come close to matching that top tier and diverse education is Bob McDonnell with his Notre Dame undergrad/Boston U. MBA/Regent JD education.
- Ken has served in the Virginia Senate since 2002 and has been argubly the most Conservative member of the Senate since he took office. During the campaign a lot of the John Brownlee supporters touted his experience as a prosecutor as the top qualification necessary for the Attorney General but what they didn't realize is that the Attorney General has a legislative agenda and works a lot with the General Assembly. Ken's time in the General Assembly and the connections he has made during that time will allow him to continue Bob McDonnell's tradition of working in an effective way with the General Assembly. Ken also has business experience being an owner and partner of his law firm in Fairfax.
- Ken is a proven campaign winner who's district sits in the middle of Northern Virginia. He has been outspent in all of those races while using passionate grassroots supporters and volunteers to push him over the top on election day. Ken also gained campaign experience by being one of George Allen's top grassroots volunteers in his Gubernatorial victory.
Cuccinelli serves on a number of state commissions, including:
- Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Project
- Public / Private Partnership Advisory Commission
- Commission on the Prevention of Human Trafficking
- Joint Subcommittee to Study Liability Protections for Health Care Providers
- Virginia Supreme Court Commission on Mental Health in the Justice System
- Ken Cuccinelli is endorsed by people I trust: Mike Huckabee, Fred Thompson, Rob Wittman, Bill Stanley, Ralph Smith, Robert Hurt, Jill Vogel, Anne B. Crockett-Stark, The National Rifle Association, Bob McDonnell, Bill Bolling, Bob Marshall, The Republican Liberty Caucus of Virginia, Charles Poindexter, Chris Peace, Chuck Smith, Mickey Mixon, and Michael Giere just to name a few.
- Ken is different than most politicans we see these days. Ken is true to himself and to the voters. Ken has never waivered in his conservative values like many Republicans have done in recent years and he will still stay true to the Constitutions of Virginia and the United States and the true Conservative values that the Republican Party stands for.
- Ken believes that public safety should be a top priority of the government.
- Ken supports the death penalty.
- Ken believes that both the United States and Virginia Constitutions were written to permanently protect the individual right of law abiding citizens to own and use firearms for any lawful reason.
- Ken believes that human life deserves protection at every stage of development and that without the right to life, all other rights are unavailable.
- Ken believes the right to own and keep private property was considered among the most fundamental rights by the Founding Fathers; a right that should be protected at both the state and federal levels.
- Ken is a small business owner who understands what nit-picking taxation and regulation can do to a business’ efficiency.
- Ken believes all taxpayers should have the right to see exactly where their tax dollars are spent so that their elected officials are held accountable for every dollar they spend.
- Ken believes marriage should be protected as a sacred union between one man and one woman.
- Ken believes parents, not government, should control the education, governance, and moral upbringing of their children.
- From the first time I met him, Ken has always remembered exactly who I am and called me directly by name each time I see him at an event and I am sure he does this with many supporters. I have noticed Ken will always take the time to speak to anyone who wants to speak with him even if it means being late getting back to Fairfax or his next campaign event. He cares about the people of Virginia and doesn't have a big politican head like many do these days. Ken sees himself as your equal and someone who you have chosen to do what you want in the government, not his own personal adgenda.